1. Which of the following would be considered an upstream partner in the company’s supply chain?
C) a firm that provides technical expertise in the production of the product
2. Which of the following is true of downstream channels in company’s supply chain?
E) They form an intermediary link between the company and its customers
3. _____________ are a set of interdependent organizations that help make the product or service of the company available for use or consumption by the customer or business user.
D) Marketing channels
4. Producers use marketing intermediaries because they _____________
D) Create greater efficiency in making goods available to target markets
5. From the economic system’s point of view, the role of marketing intermediaries is to_________
A) Transform the assortments of products made by producers into the assortment wanted by the customers
6. Which of the following creates the shortest distribution channel between the producer and the customer?
D) direct marketing channels
7. Which of th following guarantees full control to the producer over selling their products?
A) adopting a direct marketing channel
8. Which of the following is an example of a firm practicing direct marketing for selling its products?
D) a firm that sells its products through the company’s Website
9. Which of the following is an example of a marketing intermediary?
10. Which of the following exemplifies vertical conflicts that occur in a distribution channel?
A) conflicts that occur between different levels of the same channel
11. Which of the following is true of conventional distribution channel?
A) It has each channel member acting as a separate business unit trying to maximize its own profits
12. A ____________ is a channel structure in which producers, wholesalers, and retailers act as a unified system. In such a structure, one channel member owns the others, has contracts with them, or has so much power that they all cooperate
B) vertical marketing system
13. Which of the following is true of vertical marketing system?
C) It has one channel member owning all the other channel members, or has contacts with all other channel members
A channel arrangement in which two or more companies at one level join together to follow a new marketing opportunity is referred to as a ____________
D) Horizontal marketing system
15. ________ distribution is a product distribution strategy that involves stocking the product in as many outlets as possible
16. Which of the following is true of the intensive distribution technique in marketing?
A) it makes products available where and when customers want them
17. ________ distribution gives a limited number of dealers the sole rights to distribute company’s products in their territories.
18. In a selective distribution strategy, ________
B) more than one, fewer than all of the intermediaries willing to carry the firm’s products are used
19. ________ distribution gives producers good market coverage with more control and less cost than does intensive distribution
20. In supply chain management, moving products and materials from suppliers to the factory is known as _________
A) inbound distribution
21. Which of the following is an outbound distribution in a supply chain?
A) moving products from the factory to customers
22. Which of the following is an example of reverse distribution in a supply chain?
D) products that are to be disposed upon being returned by sellers
23. ________ is any paid form of nonpersonal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods, services, etc.
24. In a promotion mix, _________ performs the functions of building a good rapport with entities outside the company, building up a good corporate image, and handling or heading off unfavorable rumors, stories, and events
B) Public relations
25. In a promotion mix, _________ occurs when firm’s sales force make individual presentation to customers for the purpose of making sales and building customer relationships
C) personal selling
26. In a promotion mix, _________ involves personally connecting with carefully targeted individual customers to both obtain and immediate response and cultivate lasting customer relationships.
C) Direct marketing
27. Which of the following techniques do companies use to deliver a unified and consistent image about their organizations and brands to customers
B) integrated marketing communications
28. Which of the following is a function of integrated marketing communications system
D) Delivering a consistent message on the product to each brand contact
29. Which of the following is true of an integrated marketing communications system?
B) it ties together all of the company’s messages and images of the product
30. Which of the following types of promotion tools requires the most interaction with a customer?
C) Personal selling
31. Which of the following is true of direct marketing?
A) It is suited for highly targeted marketing efforts and for building one-to-one customer relationship
32. Which of the following promotion mix approaches involves the producer promoting the product to different channel members who in turn promote to customers?
C) Push strategy
33. A ________ marketing strategy involves a company spending a lot of money on consumer advertising and promotion to induce final customers into buying the product by creating a demand vacuum
34. Which of the following is the first step in developig an advertising program?
C) Setting the advertising objectives
35. Which of the following is the first step in the selling process?
B) Prospecting and qualifying
36. _________ is the sales step in which a salesperson or company identifies qualified potential customers
37. In which of the following steps in the sales process does the salesperson meet the customer for the first time
38. Which of the following is true of the stage of presentation in the selling process?
E) It shows how the company’s offer solves the customer’s problem
39. _________ is the sales step in which the salesperson seeks out, clarifies, and overcomes any customer disapproval to buying.
C) Handling Objection
40. Asking for the order and offering to help write up the order are examples of the ________ techinques.
41. Sales promotions targeted at _________ are called trade promotions
C) Retailers and Wholesalers
42. Which of the following statements is true of consumer production?
A) It includes a wide range of tools like samples, coupons, refunds, and so on.
43. _________ are offers of a trial amount of product.
44. _________ are certificates that save buyers money while they purchase specified products.
45. “Buy one, get one free” is an example of __________
C) Price packs
46. Wafers, a potato chips manufacturer, offers a free toy figurine inside every packet of potato chips. This is an example of which of the following promotional tools?
47. ArtNetwork, a telecommunication company, sponsors a rock concert by a famous band. This is an example of _________
C) Event marketing
48. ________ Consists of connecting directly with carefully targeted consumers, often on a one-to-one, interactive basis
B) Direct marketing
49. Which of the following statements is true of direct marketing?
E) Direct marketing is imediate, interactive, and give consumers a lot of control in making purchases.